Hello friends!  Today I have for you my very first owned indie polish! I have always been tempted to buy indie polishes from meimeisign...

F.U.N. Lacquer - Ariel Review & Swatch

10:26 Karise 0 Comments

Hello friends! 

Today I have for you my very first owned indie polish! I have always been tempted to buy indie polishes from meimeisignatures or beautysofly. F.U.N. Lacquer's full size bottle (16.7ml) costs SGD$16.64 and mini size bottle (7ml) costs SGD$9.60. You can purchase them at their Etsy store and they also ship worldwide! As I live in Singpaore, I got my polish the 3 days after it was shipped out. 

I came across F.U.N. Lacquer through Instagram and decided that I should take this chance on getting indie polish PLUS a holographic nail polish. I don't own any holographic polishes of yet and so I thought I could kill two birds in one stone! Indie + holo :D

Anyway, coming back to the review... 

The mini bottle is really cute and the brush is slightly smaller than China Glaze's brush. Application was great and I realised that the polish dries faster than other nail polishes that I own. It is a plus point since I may accidentally hit onto something after applying polish :P

However, when I was applying on some of my nails, I see there are some bumps. The bumps were covered well after the second coat and wasn't really a problem when top coat was applied.

Bottle shot under artificial light.


One coat under artificial light - the bump I mentioned seen on ring finger



One coat, taken with flash


One coat, taken with flash


As you can see, it is pretty opaque for a first coat and look how gorgeous the color is! F.U.N. Lacquer described Ariel as a "turquoise holographic nail polish" and I totally agree. The turquoise is leaning more towards green and there are gold, red, blue sparkles which is really awesome. The longer I look at them, the more stunning the color becomes.


Two coats, under artificial light


Two coats + Seche Vite top coat, under artificial light


Two coats + Seche Vite top coat, under artificial light



Last but not least, a live swatch of F.U.N. Lacquer on my YouTube channel! 

0 comments: