Hi my fellow readers! As some of you ( might ) know, I am a die hard KatyCat. For those of you who aren't aware, KatyCats are the n...

#KatyPerryINAS - Waking Up In Vegas

19:00 Karise 0 Comments

Hi my fellow readers!

As some of you (might) know, I am a die hard KatyCat. For those of you who aren't aware, KatyCats are the name of Katy Perry's fan ^^ So with that, I announce the KATY PERRY INSPIRED NAIL ART SERIES (#KatyPerryINAS)! This series is plainly for my own enjoyment and combining nail art with my idol (: 


And to kick start the series, I have for you one of KP's older songs, Waking Up in Vegas!! This nail art was inspired by the dollars and the coins in the music video, plus the glitters! Here are some screen grabs from the music video :





And this is how the final manicure looks :D


I used the Pure Color No.10 nail art brush from Stylisnailartshop to draw on the dollar and cents with black acrylic paint. It was the first time I was using it hence the mani wasn't perfect. Nevertheless, with this series I can practice more and hopefully 'understand' the brush better :D

Oh, no no no.... I won't go without telling you there is a NAIL ART VIDEO TUTORIAL for this!

In short, here is the worded tutorial:
Basecoat: Sally Hansen Salon Manicure Smooth & Strong Basecoat
Pointer & Pinky: Gold glitters using two coats of N°7 - Sunrays and then dabbing on one coat of F.U.N. Lacquer - Gold Mark
Middle & Ring: Two coats of OPI - My Boyfriend Scales Walls and drawing on dollar notes with a mix of white and green acrylic paint. Create dots with large dotting tool and OPI - Classic DS 031. Use black acrylic paint to draw $ and ¢
Topcoat: Glisten & Glow HK Girl Top Coat
For the thumb, it is completely up to you if you would like to go for the glitter or draw more dollar and cents!



Follow on Bloglovin Instagram Nails by Karise

0 comments: