Happy Sunday reader! It is the first of March, my favourite month because... it's my birthday month! HEHE! That aside, it is also t...

#glamnailschallenge - 1 March: Roses on Picnic Mats Nail Art

15:00 Karise 0 Comments

Happy Sunday reader!

It is the first of March, my favourite month because... it's my birthday month! HEHE! That aside, it is also the start of my holidays *squeals* And to add on to the fun... I'm trying this #glamnailschallenge March 2015 challenge! 

I feel that challenges are always a great way for me to keep myself busy with what to do with my nails during the holidays as I tend to think too much on what to do and end up not knowing what to go with. Yeap, I'm indecisve :/ 

Anywayyyy, here is the challenge!


I hope that I can keep up with this LOL! Now, for the first challenge, roses! Let's take a look at what I came up with :D



Do you think it's cute? Cause I do :P I was thinking what background should I do to spice up a simple floral rose, and somewhere and somehow my brain decided to do a picnic mat inspired background.

For the background, I had an off white base using my fav OPI - My Boyfriend Scales Walls. Then I picked out a medium blue/pink and a light blue/pink. I used the lighter color to create a big # pattern using Pure Color No 10 brush. After letting it dry, I then filled in the sqaures where the lines meet with the darker color. 

Medium color blue is Barry M - Cyan Blue and light blue is Barry M - Blue Moon. Medium pink is Ciate - Candy Floss and light pink is Ciate - Strawberry Milkshake.

With that, I then moved on to the roses. I started with a red Rimmel London - Hip Hop and using the brush I created a rough rounded shape. Then I went in with OPI - MBSW and added a dot and then some curved shapes around it.

Then I went in with the medium pink Ciate - Candy Floss and also added curved details. For the leaves, I first used Barry M - Spring Green and drew on a leaf shape coming out from the rose and then added a lighter green Essie - Navigate Her to add some highlights.

I topped everything off with HK Girl top coat (Y)

Hope this post was informative and you enjoyed it! 

Have a good day :)

| Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Tumblr | Pinterest | NailPolis | Bloglovin' | Reddit |

0 comments: