Well hello hello! It is September and it does mean... the 31 days challenge! Yes, I am participating in this cray cray everyday nail ...

#31DC2015: Red

20:50 Karise 1 Comments

Well hello hello!

It is September and it does mean... the 31 days challenge! Yes, I am participating in this cray cray everyday nail art challenge! If you don't already know, it is a challenge that lasts for a month long with prompts that allow you to go with the theme however you want to interpret it. See the list at the end of the post!

Without further ado, let me share with you, my very first successful, one-stroke nail art!!! OMG girls, you have no idea how happy I was when the brush turned to my favour hehe! This one-stroke technique I would consider it advanced, and I would count myself very lucky when I did this. I tried it before, but failed miserably. So happy I managed to do it :D

Oh, I forgot to mention that today's prompt is red nails! So I went ahead and applied two nice coats of China Glaze "Adventure Red-y" which is a sophisticated deep red (swatches here) on my pointer and baby fingers.

Then on my middle and ring fingers, I had on two coats of Sinful Colors "Snow Me White" and let it dry completely. I should've matte the white base for easier one-stroke painting but I totally forgot. 

Anyway, using a flat brush, I dipped one corner into dark red acrylic paint and the other in white acrylic paint. Then I created the petals by turning and twisting the brush to get the one-stroke effect.


I was am fairly into matte right now so I decided to try on this manicure with a matte look using Revlon "Matte Top Coat". I'm thinking to go for all matte finish for this whole challenge, what do you think?

Here's the macro shots of the flowers, pretty eh in matte?

I also used black acrylic paint mixed in with some white to lighten it a bit, and outlined messily around the flowers and add some dots near the centers of the flowers.


These are the prompts that are coming up! This was taken from Chalkboard Nails :)


If you'd like to see what I did for last year's 31 days challenge, click here!!

| Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Tumblr | Pinterest | NailPolis | Bloglovin' | Reddit |

1 comment: